Monday, August 6, 2012

Where to Begin


If I only knew where to begin
If regret was a sin
I'd have a thousand prayers to make
because of this heartache
How could I lose you
when you were my muse
Here I thought we were both amused at our jokes
I refuse to believe that it was all a hoax
If only I could coax you into speaking to me again
You said you would always be my friend
I know I wear my heart on my sleeve
but I didn't know that would make you leave
I weep myself to sleep dreaming of your messages
Longing for another conversation
about the constellations
We never got the chance to meet
though I would gladly hold your hand in the middle of the street
You say that I'm mean to you but that simply isn't true
my intent is not to bug you but to love you
To love you
To love you
To love you
I love you
and I will always mean that
So when the stars align
and we see each other for the first time
Meet me in the doorway as the rain pours down
and let's explore your town
And If I'm not what you are looking for
no apologies would need to be said
no eyes would be cried red because
I would walk away content with the fact
that I wouldn't have to forever wonder
if things would have ever worked out between us.
It's like what the Goo Goo Dolls say in "Iris"
I just want you to know who I am.

God Bless,
Jenny J

1 comment:

  1. I feel like that 100% of the time. Waiting for that best friend to come along that just understands me, and I think I found that person, but now I don't know for sure.

    ReplyDelete