Tuesday, February 7, 2012

First Impressions

I've always been a fan of first impressions. Maybe because I think I usually give a pretty good one. In middle school and high school I would always befriend the transfer students who didn't know anyone else. They didn't have a chance to know I wasn't the most popular or the prettiest. They just knew me as the girl that sought out to be their friend and only asked that they be her friend in return. Tomorrow I am traveling to DC and will be meeting many friends for the very first time. You may ask "How can you be friends with people if you've never met them?" Well I exist in the Twitterverse. Twitter allows for me to give the same first impression I was able to give to those transfer students. Tweeps (people on Twitter) don't know or care about my social status or how pretty I am. They care about my thoughts, ideas and my quirky personality. For the last few days I've had a warped view on how I was going to let people to interpret who I am. I have bought new clothes, shoes, accessories, makeup, etc. because I wanted everyone to see me as a stunning young woman. And I still do, but I guess I should let go of all of my superficial thoughts and allow people to be impressed by me for whatever reason they allow their hearts to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment