Thursday, February 2, 2012

Unfinished Poems Series One: Love (Poem 5)

So welcome to February everyone! The month where hopeless romantics everywhere get to be sappy and talk about love while everyone else just has to deal. Or something like that. I've never been bitter about Valentine Season even though I've never had a Valentine. Love is something I look forward to and embrace! You should too! Here's another poem about love to get all of your angst out of the way now!

I don't understand.
I continually over analyze every single thing that you say
even though I tell myself it's a waste of time.
Do you really mean this?
Why did you say that?
Maybe I can - Stop?
Stop.
It's so one sided.
Must I have to be so careful about not letting my feelings for him
show through the cracks in my words?
Is it really my burden to bear?
Where are his struggles, his agitations, his desires -
to not allow me to stop talking because he wants my words to linger in his ears -
I'm not afraid they're missing.
I'm afraid they never will exist.


God Bless,
Jenny J

No comments:

Post a Comment