Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap of Faith

So I know I haven't written a post in weeks, and I am terribly sorry about that. I just haven't been inspired and wanted to wait until I actually had something to say. So here I go! I have figured out that my main focus in life, subconsciously and consciously has been on finding love. Some may say that's typical, others may say I should find a better way to spend my time, and the latter may be right, but I pray they aren't. As some of you know, I'm known to be quite an old fashioned girl. If a guy wants to talk to me he has to talk first. That's a very important rule as it shows respect for the different roles we have in society and is just the polite thing to do. I also don't do the pursuing. I've had many guys play hard to get with me and they lost their opportunity because I happily gave them to the other girl. A girl doesn't want to be one of the girls you talk to that way. She wants to be the only girl you have eyes for.
As some of you know there is an old tradition for Leap Day that states that a woman can propose to the man she wants to marry on Leap Day. Yes, I watched the Amy Adams movie when it came out a few years back. Yes, my friends and I jokingly planned for finding guys to propose to on Leap Day. It's all in good fun to joke about, but it's really a foolish plan to put into practice.
Think about it. If a guy doesn't propose to you, he isn't ready to marry you. So what would you asking accomplish? Even if he says yes, there's many problems with that situation. The biggest problem is the fact that some wimpy guy that gypped you out of the fairytale proposal just embarrassed you in front of all of society by making you propose to him and you fell for it! Don't do it! Horrible plan.
So anyways back to my love story. The guy I have liked for the past several months is very difficult to read. A quality I can appreciate because I like a challenge. On the other hand, I am quite the open book. A quality I'm not very fond of about myself, but can't easily be changed. Nonetheless, I haven't compromised my values for him, nor has he asked me to, which is admirable. When we talk, he talks first. When we talk, it's always appropriate. When we talk, I'm the happiest girl in the world. When we talk, we have a refreshingly honest friendship and get to know things no one else knows about each other. Liking someone and putting the effort in is a leap of faith, but if you don't have to risk something, can it really turn into love? If not, what's the point? That's my rant for today!

God Bless,
Jenny J

No comments:

Post a Comment