Friday, February 3, 2012

Define the Line

"You're the best definition of good intentions."

Months ago I had to develop an attitude towards my friendships in order to protect myself and others from crossing the lines in friendships. This attitude is called my "I do friendly not flirty" policy. Honestly, I make a few exceptions to my rule because I'm young and have crushes..well actually only one crush, one exception. But besides that, I am naturally a friendly person especially when it comes to guys. I grew up with two brothers and could always instantly become friends with guys. I can discuss sports, politics, literature, you name it. I can also pretend I don't know anything about a particular subject if someone is more comfortable showing me the ropes or explaining something to me like they explain it to everyone else. I've always thought of myself as the "friend zone" girl that guys tell everything to and plead with to set them up with the pretty girls I'm friends with. Just like anyone knows, the friend zone is not always desired, but on the other side of the coin it can also be the safety zone. I won't tell you that guys and girls can be just friends, because I know this simply isn't true. But guys and girls can not cross the line and prioritize their friendship to look past simple attraction. They can also respect the other person's feelings and be gentle with them - keeping the friendship intact with no awkward occurrences. Flirting is a natural instinct, and as long as a person is not married, I'd say it's allowed. Be tactful, personable, and willing to accept the lines drawn. And guys, if it's me you're wanting to win over, be straightforward. I'll be honest with you, pinky promise! Good luck!

God Bless,
Jenny J

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny!! Idk if you will get this but I just read this post and I needed to read it. My best friend hurt me really bad by lying to me and breaking his promises. We tried the dating thing but it just didn't work. After that everything went downhill. I'm just now giving him a second chance, which I never do for anyone. But he is different. God bless you too!! -Slick.

    ReplyDelete