Saturday, January 28, 2012

Personal Perfect

Today I was blessed with the opportunity to go with my dear friend Jessica to her card making party. She is a Stampin' Up Demonstrator and taught me the basics up card making and scrapbook pages. This opportunity gave way to another million ideas inside my head. Give me tools and I can hand you an idea and a uniquely crafted end product. I am a perfectionist in many ways, but had to forget about perfect when it came to anything "Do It Yourself". I'm learning how to forget perfect a lot these days! Anyways, Jessica is so gifted and all of her cards are just completely amazing. If it's supposed to be straight, it's straight. If it needs to be centered, it's centered. When I started my cards I analyzed hers and planned to copy hers exactly as they were. Then came my first mistake. Then second. After the third I said, "Never mind I'll just make them eccentric." Then they came out my very own, and I was actually very proud of things I made with my own hands. Not picture perfect, but personal perfect, and that was enough for me! Anyways thank you Jessica for the wonderful opportunity! So much fun!

If you would like to see awesome stuff check out Jessica's blog: http://stampwithjessica.blogspot.com/ and if you would like to learn how to make cards let me know and I'll put you in contact with her!

God Bless,
Jenny J

No comments:

Post a Comment