Friday, January 27, 2012

Not Medium

My name Jenna literally means "little bird" in Arabic and I've always been obsessed with being little. I don't see people and judge them for their weight. Trust me I'm not an evil skinny girl. I've just had this mindset that I must be the smallest possible. I enjoy shopping in the kids section for clothes, doing kiddish things, and mimicking everything child-like. I guess it's Peter Pan syndrome in the sense that I don't want to grow up. I went shopping today and grabbed a jacket to try on and automatically reached for the small. My mom shook her head and insisted that I try on the medium. I pouted and said "Please never say that again, I'm a small." Medium - what a strange word. I don't even like my steak medium, it has to be well done. Medium is just plain ordinary, and why would I want to be ordinary? I guess I've always seen myself as an old soul, but I naturally assume the world sees me as a child and I try to constantly fit myself in that self-defined box. As some of you know my Twitter handle is @littleShields and my mom sighs every time I refer to myself as such. She insists that I'm normal sized and maybe I am. I don't know. People say things like "It's all about the little things" and "The best gifts come in small packages."And I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you ever meet me I hope you see me all tied up in my ribbons and bows called clothes and refer to me as "little".

God Bless,
Jenny J

2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing (shop in the kids' section)! I love being little (sometimes!) so I know what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! Awesome! It's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete