Sunday, January 22, 2012

Personal Price

Today in church we discussed betrayal and addressed the ultimate betrayal: Judas selling out and betraying Jesus for 30 pieces of silver. As I sat there I contemplated the numerous times I have been betrayed personally, and how all of those circumstances called for me to make loyalty a crucial characteristic requirement in the people I associate with. My pastor went on to say that we personally betray Christ when we choose sin over righteousness. That struck me to the core. Judas betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver and I reject Jesus everytime I sell myself to sin over righteousness. And for what: Attention? Money? Fame? Lust? Jesus Christ died on the cross to save me from the punishment of sin: Death. And for some reason that's not enough. I convince myself that worldly pleasures and personal satisfaction no matter how temporary are more important. What a warped sense of reality! We are so blessed to have such a loving God that knows and understands everything about us. He knows we are going to make mistakes and be complete messes, but He loves us anyways. He wants our loyalty, but doesn't hold grudges when we turn away from Him. He wants to redeem us and welcome us. And our salvation? Never temporary. It is eternal just by believing in Him. Just unfathomable.

Then my pastor shared this story: A man propositioned a woman for $1 million. She accepted. He then inquired if he could change it to $10,000. She was outraged and asked him what kind of person he thought she was. He said "We already settled that, now we're just naming a price."

Don't sell yourself out for temporary pleasure. You know our God? He knows all of your flaws, imperfections, secret sins, and every betrayal, and STILL thinks of you as His priceless beloved child. Jesus Christ already paid the price for us. Our God loves us from the inside out!

God Bless,
Jenny J

No comments:

Post a Comment