Monday, January 23, 2012

The Woman Within

As I go through life I learn about what it means to be a woman. My opinion is that most societies have a warped view of this in general. The most basic necessity of a woman is Respect. Honestly, respect is a difficult concept to comprehend. Liberals have twisted the meaning of respecting woman into something despicable. They spout out things like woman should be able to do whatever they want with their bodies. They sexualize us into these airbrushed images and we are ordered to torture ourselves to fit that description. Why do we do it? My only hypothesis is to be loved by the men of society. But what is this love? The marital love that the Bible talks about? Or is this love the sexual, desire-filled love? I don't understand how Angelina Jolie and Olivia Wilde trump the Proverbs 31 woman. Pure insanity. And what happens when a girl falls into society's trap and has sex? Are her insecurities washed away? No, quite the opposite. She finds more reasons to despise who she is. Does she get to feel loved? Often not. The man uses her and disrespects her in every regard of the word. What happens if she gets pregnant? "What about my future? I can't be a single mother. I don't want to throw everything away. This baby will only remind me of that loser that hooked up with me." That's the argument I've heard society whisper into the ears of every girl out there. It's heart breaking. Somehow society has convinced intelligent yet naive women that killing her child is acceptable because it is more convenient for her in the long run. I'd say many in society even encourage women to think this way more often than not. So the woman is left emotionally damaged and alone. And the cycle repeats. I see it everyday. I'm tempted to conform every single day. But honestly, I'd rather wait for respect. Now waiting is by no means easy. The tears will come in droves, insecurities will pile up on your shoulders, and temporary satisfaction will seem so very tempting. But know this: waiting means gaining even more worth as a woman. A real man of God will fall head over heels in love with you and will respect every part of you. Stay Strong Girl!

The following videos allowed me to reflect on what it means to be a woman in society today. Warning: not suitable for girls younger than 18 due to content and language watch with discernment.


 Katie Makkai - Pretty


Brave New Voices: Alysia Harris - That Girl


Alysia Harris - "Cab Rides and the Morning After"

God Bless,
Jenny J

2 comments:

  1. I thought this was very well put. I didn't watch this videos, so I can't comment on them. I was a woman who waited, and strongly believe in waiting. I believe God will greatly bless every man and woman that waits until marriage (their wedding night, not engagement) to take that last step. I have a wonderful, respecting, loving husband and three amazing kids; I think partly because I waited. To all of you that are thinking about taking that last step with someone whom you don't know will commit the rest of their lives to you: WAIT until they do in marriage before God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for responding so late, but thank you for such great advice. You are just so wonderful and inspiring! I really appreciate hearing such encouraging things from you, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete