Thursday, January 26, 2012

Star


"You will be the star in starting over and over again."


I often forget about the stars. Sometimes I don't even look up to see them. And other times they are all I can think about. I think about how when I have kids I'm going to put up glowing stars in their rooms, so that they are always reminded that they are surrounded by light. At night I try to remember to take a moment to thank God for creating the stars, and even though He placed them so high in the sky and light years away I can still see a glimpse of their sparkling light, "what impossible light". 
Everytime I look up at the stars I remember when my friend Richard and I were talking at church camp one night many years ago. We were all sitting in a trailer on the traditional hay-ride. I looked up and pointed at the stars and exclaimed how wonderful it was to get to see the stars. He took my hand, the one pointing up to the sky, and said "Jenny, there's always stars in the sky at night, even in the city! You just have to look long enough to see that they're there." And it may seem silly, but I had never realized that before then.
I just thought that stars decided on their own time when and where they were going to show their faces.
So here's my challenge for you. When you have a chance go look outside and admire the stars and their magical light. Pick one for yourself, and know that it shines for you!

God Bless,
Jenny J


No comments:

Post a Comment